Sunday, April 22, 2012

Newspaper Nails

So on this design you will need a decent amount of time. It took me about 2 hours to do it. In fact I told my boyfriend I'd be 30 minutes late because of this. Now I know I'm an addict.  Newspaper nails have been around forever, so I didn't think that up..lol. But I'd like to think stamping over it was my idea, but also pretty sure I didn't think that up either. Enjoy!

Step 1: Paint Nails with base coat. I used Sephora by OPI
Step 2: Paint a color on (light colors work best) Zoya Dove is  a close dupe to a newspaper :)
Step 3: Let it dry completely
Step 4: Lightly soak newspaper pieces and apply to nail. hold for 30 seconds firmly. The harder you press the darker the print. Think temporary tattoos. This is a  trial and error process. Youtube has lots of tutorials on this.
 Step 5: apply top coat. The newspaper will not stand under a stamp, it erases as soon as you apply.
Step 6: Apply stamp of choice. I used an old bottle of Sally Hansen Cherry Red, and a Cheeky Plate to do this design.  

No comments:

Post a Comment